It's Friday night. My husband is gone, scouting basketball teams and Hillary is off with the boyfriend. So I pry Parker off the TV and we make homemade pizzas together. As I chop, spread, and sprinkle, he talks about video games and basketball and how he either wants to be a teacher or a photographer when he grows up, but he doesn't want to photograph moving things, just things like landscapes and sunsets. And I'm so glad he's here.
And then, my honey calls, just to ask if I've looked outside tonight because the moon is really pretty and he knows I like a pretty moon.
And I know why my son is so caring...patient...fun to be with...easy to hug. He gets it from his dad.
"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie....that's amore!"
Spread store-bought alfredo sauce on a ready made pizza crust. Layer a few fresh spinach leaves, some chopped, cooked chicken, thinly sliced tomatos, and shredded italian cheese. (I like to add some chopped garlic and a few pineapple tidbits...maybe a little cilantro. Of course, if you're a 13-year-old boy you can just pile on the meat and be happy). Bake at 400 til the crust is browned and the cheese is melted.
1 comment:
The pizza sounds delicious, but I really like the way the 'boy'is cooking up. MIMI
Post a Comment