I scrolled through facebook today and smiled at my friends' posts about Valentine's Day gifts. I didn't get roses, chocolate, or a diamond bracelet. But I don't mind. As corny as this sounds, I feel so ridiculously loved most days that I don't need a holiday to make my heart flutter.
When Parker hugs me for no reason...when Hillary posts something sweet on my facebook wall...when my Handsome Hubby supports my Starbucks habit...
I feel loved.
Impromptu family movie nights and phone calls from my parents and texts from my friends make me feel loved. When Parker cleans his plate AND the serving dishes and declares my cooking "amazing" I feel loved.
And when Hillary thinks it's a compliment that people say she looks like me, I feel loved.
Even the chore of weekly grocery shopping turns into a date as Hubby and I take time for lunch out together, and then observe our silly ritual of sharing a Peanut Butter Snickers on the way home (shhh don't tell the kids).
If I had a charm on a bracelet for every act of love lavished on me, my scrawny arms couldn't lift it.
Fortunately, my heart is big enough to hold them all.
2 comments:
I love you. I really do. But I'm too fat to hang on your bracelet!
Forgot to sign off as MOM on the last comment! Sorry.
Post a Comment