First day I'm-wearing-this-because-it's-comfortable outfit (suitable for being oneself in).
In other news...the start of a new year means meeting with new teachers to try to explain Parker's dyslexia and classroom accomodations. The teachers all seem very nice, but I'm always nervous...trying to convince them of what a wonderful kid he is and making sure he gets what he needs to succeed while at the same time not coming across as one of those parents who is high-maintenance and overly involved. I wish I knew the magic words to say. I wish there was no need for magic words. I wish I could keep him safe.
But it's not my job to make his path smooth and straight. It's my job to make sure he has good shoes and a walking stick...and to cheer him on as he climbs the path himself. He is smart. He is strong. He is capable. He is funny.
And I am proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment