When we get home from a fun-filled day, tired and hungry, there is still dyslexia tutoring to attend to, homework to be done, flowers to be watered, dog-medicine to be given, laundry to be put away...you get the idea. And did I mention that Hillary is taking Spanish II by corespondence course on top of ALL her regular classes so she could take choir, band, drama, AND art?
I'd say we're all feeling a little stretched...
But no one more than Parker! After he complained for the 15th time this evening that his butt hurt, his legs hurt, his calves hurt...basically everything from the waist down, Hillary (the veteren runner) gave him some sisterly advice. "You gotta stretch it out or run it out."
And she proceeded to show him exactly what that meant.
And even though stretching sometimes hurts, it can be good for you.
I'll have to remember that.
But first I have to look up the Beatles' names for Parker's research report...and make playdough for tomorrow....s-t-r-e-t-c-h!
4 comments:
Hey girl I hope this year is starting off good for you. I am ready for some football games so we can hang in the stands and catch up. I hear ya on the morning rush, I have already given the "I need your help in the morning" speech to my girls twice now.
BTW, you know it was a little dark outside when you took those pics and people in your front yard could totally see right into your house. I am not trying to "mother you," I am just relaying some common sense about blinds/curtains you obviously missed out on! :)
you failed to mention this "stretched" is an inhierited trait. gotta go; teeth to brush, clothes to lay out, pills to take, coffee to make,faces to wash. love paul
hey, stretch was a good read. the pictures give me a reality check as to how quickly my grandchildren are growing up.keep the life stories coming.love paul
Hillary seems to be doing a good job stretching Parker, there. Does she know how to stretch a dollar? Mama needs a new pair of shoes!
Love,
Beth
Post a Comment