I first met Hunter's mom when she had just married my husband's cousin. Right away we felt a kinship, born of our shared faith, family, and "surprise" baby girls. So it became an unspoken agreement that anytime we were "back home" we would spend as much time together as we could. The girls grew up sharing Christmases and Easters and even a 4th of July here and there. It's amazing how they both seem to have a special relationship with God...they both love acting and drama (they even each had a part in their respective school's productions of the Wizard of Oz this year)...they are both smart, and pretty, and sweet. And musical. They both use their talents in church.
So when we visited the family for Easter this year, and were able to go to church together, I was thrilled to see that Hunter was playing her harp for the service. And afterward, of course, I made her pose for my camera. Then it hit me that the harp and piano were sitting side by side...just waiting for Hunter and Hillary to make beautiful music for us. And I asked the girls to try to play something together. Being their sweet, agreeable selves, they got right to it...joyfully. They played Sweet Hour of Prayer and Amazing Grace. And even though almost everyone else had gone, the Spirit was still there. That the girls had never practiced together didn't seem to matter...the music floated up and around us in perfect harmony. We moms wiped tears from our eyes and the grandparents looked on with pride.
And my God said, "I love you."
And my spirit sang.
1 comment:
Me reading this finds myself wiping tears from my eyes wish i could have been there to hear it myself.Hope this find everybody good my LOVE TO ALL AUNT LISA
Post a Comment