Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Love.. and other Stuff

I have done some hard work in the last few weeks.  Emotional work  As Parker says..."getting my head fixed."
Nevertheless, as Hubby and I rode down the road in silence the other day, I couldn't help myself from posing a TOTAL "woman" question...
"Tell me something you love about me."
Now, he would have every right to roll his eyes and change the subject, as this is not the first (or the fifteenth) time I've said something like this.  And he has given me hundreds of answers through the years, from my painted toenails to the way I cook for him.  I should really know what he loves about me by now.
Still...
He didn't roll his eyes and he didn't laugh.  And he didn't even seem annoyed.
He pondered for a moment and said, "I love how peaceful you've become."
And that one sentence melted my heart.  And affirmed all the soul-searching and tears...all the journaling and counseling...all the energy it takes to learn to live a new way.
I kissed him.  And then I laughed.  And I said, "You know what I love about YOU?  I love that you never have to ask me what I love about you!"
And it's true.  The way my husband gives unconditional love and stands so securely in our love for him has taught me SO much.
So if I'm "peaceful", part of it is his fault!
And I just love that about him ;)

No comments: