But tonight, I put on my fancy shirt and some heels that are ridiculously uncomfortable and Hubby and I pretended to be patrons of the arts.
Wait...we do feed, clothe, shelter, and insure an Artist...so I guess that counts. Right?
Did I say patrons? Perhaps I meant parents.
Anyway, we headed to the art show where Hillary's collage was on display.
Hubby and I walked around slowly, taking in all the serious artwork in a thoughtful and sophisticated way, and pretending we understood the deep meaning of the more abstract pieces.
Hillary mingled with the tatooed, pierced, edgy-coiffed artists.
Parker did what any 15 year old little brother would do in this situation...
babysat our purses while playing games on his ipod.
Hubby and I hung around, eating fruit on toothpicks and listening to various young people play piano, until awards were handed out. Hillary didn't win anything, but enthusiastically cheered as friends and classmates were honored.
And then it was time for us old people to go home.
But not before I made Hill snap a few pics...
Little Brother got to stay and hang out with the Artist and her friends.
While Hubby and I ended our evening with popcorn and our DVR at home. People in their 30's can only take so much excitement, ya know.
We have two weeks to rest up for the next big college event...Jazz Choir concert. I've gotta find my dangly earrings...
1 comment:
You have such interesting children! Does that mean you won't have time to come home for Mother's Day? Ha! Just wait till you get 50. You really can't take much then! MOM
Post a Comment