Our Family

Our Family

Friday, May 13, 2011

Re-Fueling

A madman with a gun almost ruined my day. 

He led the cops on a merry chase, shooting stuff up and locking schools down.  My first graders and I spent morning recess playing inside with the sunshine mocking us from the window.  And then I found out my sister had been on the road with the action…saw it…heard it.  She’s ok.  But still…
On days like this, when end-of-the-school-year stress is at a peak and the cafeteria serves Cook’s Choice…when people are unpredictable and a 6 year old asks you, “Did you get a plastic tooth in the front?”…at least I have the memories of days like last weekend.
Heading to the track meet fully prepared for every contingency (heat, cold, rain, boredom).  Driving thru sunshine all by myself.  Singing at the top of my lungs and making faces to go with it.  Replaying the same song 12 times because I’m feeling it and there is no one to be annoyed. 



















Watching Parker do his thing…
 
































































Sitting in the shade as he joins me between races, making me feel exactly like Hillary did 15 years ago when her friends asked her to come play and she replied in her 3 yr old voice, “Not now, I’m playing wif my mom.”
The Man in the Yellow Hat was there too, proudly coaching from the sidelines, as usual.  I don't hang out with him for fear I'll be mistaken for Curious George.






















And then there’s THIS wonderful day…



























All four of us together for church, lunch, and a day in the park. 

























And ice cream and Starbucks…of course!

























So on days like today I read blog posts like this one.  And I look at the pictures and relive all those Good Moments.  And I thank my lucky stars that I have a husband and children that make Mother’s Day come more than once a year.  Then I text a friend and watch a funny tv show. 
And I am Re-fueled.
Bring it, Life.  I’m ready.  Even on a day like today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've had all these "Days like these" days, because it has taught you a lot of great lessons on how to become the great person you are. MOM