We spent the holiday weekend with family.
Much family.
Between a wedding and a family reunion we managed to see both sides of Hubby's extended family. We balanced mingling with huge clusters of newly met family members in color-coded t-shirts with small intimate gatherings in grandma's apartment living room. And sprinkled in and all around were the trappings of summer and celebration.
(I'm lovin Great-Aunt Joanne's sparkly purple polish!)
Hillary had to stay home and work (I think I could copy and paste this sentence into every blog I write lately), but Parker got to sit and listen to all the shared stories about the people he loves in a past he can only imagine. He told me this is one of his favorite things to do. And I have to admit...it's mine too. Our stories are the strings that tie us together into a Family. And connect the past...
to the future.
Of course we topped it all off with some fireworks!
Happy 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment