Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 11, 2012

Good

A few days ago my house was full of people. Cars lined the driveway and extra matresses were pulled out into the middle of the floor and the Pack n Play was wedged into a corner of the bedroom. And it was good.
Today I am sitting all alone, sipping coffee and recovering from a day spent teaching summer school. The house is quiet except for the fluttering of the blue jays right outside my window, pecking at the bread Hubby threw out. And it is good. I'm so thankful that God gave me both. A large rowdy family and the ability to enjoy being alone now and then, with moments of one on one time with special people sprinkled in. So tonight I'll cook dinner for three. And then make plans for vacation with twelve (not counting the dog). To quote Pete the Cat "It's ALL good!"

No comments: