Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 23, 2014

I'm Lovin' It

Ya know what I love?

FactTime-ing with Hillary while I'm driving down the road (because when she calls I can't NOT answer - it's against mother rules).

Getting a big hug from Parker and being left with the scent of his cologne long after he's gone.

Videos on facebook of my crazy daughter singing and gesturing in public to the world at large.

Meeting Parker's new friends and using my parent powers to make them laugh nervously while my own kid rolls his eyes and mouths "she's joking" behind my back.

Getting shopping advice via text from my Savvy Style Expert (hillary).

The patience in Parker's voice while he talks me through the steps to Bluetooth-link my phone to his car radio even though he is hanging out with his friends at McD's.

The fact that he doesn't mind that I've borrowed his car and made him drive the old falling-apart truck because I can't drive a stick and he can.

Texts from either kid that say "home".  Because then I can let out the breath I've been holding.

Quiet time by myself on a sunny morning to write about things I love!

No comments: