Our Family

Our Family

Friday, October 5, 2007

Shameless Bragging

My wonderful, musical Hillary was selected for All Conference and All District Choir. Not only did she make it, but she apparently recieved the top score for altos in our school's conference. This is a big deal! We are so proud of her.
I also happen to have the sweetest, most thoughtful son in the world. When I got home from school today (I had to stay late...again) Parker was washing the coffee pot for me. This is no small feat considering we have a multi-gadget coffeemaker which grinds the beans then brews the coffee. And if there are a few soap suds in my cup of coffee right now...I'm not complaining. He also made my bed and straightened the shoes in my closet. He said he and Hillary talked about it and they didn't want me to be stressed today. Hillary went home with a friend to spend the night, so it was all up to the little Man. (Hmmm...maybe I should cry in the car more often!) Perhaps he was straightening shoes so he wouldn't have to load the dishwasher. Perhaps he was just finding things to do which would require putting off his homework (and which I couldn't complain about). Perhaps he's been watching his dad, who has a knack of knowing how to cheer me up. All I know for sure is that I'm thankful.

2 comments:

Ang said...

So today at school you husband asked me if I enjoyed reading your blog. I sort of nodded slightly and then ignorded him. Do he not understand that our blogging is a secret in this town? You need to shorten his leash!! :-)j/k

amy said...

Okay- i will try this again!!
You never told me about Hillary- that is so exciting! I need to start crying around my house but it may not have the same affect!

Hope to hear from you sooner than later!