Our Family
Friday, October 12, 2007
Things I'll keep
It's Friday night. The pieces of our lives are scattered over the week like stuff at a yard sale. Some things never out of the box- things I didn't get to. A few pieces broken. Most past their usefulness - important at the time, but quickly forgotten. But there are a few things I'll keep. Hillary, driving me down our road...back straight, both hands on the wheel, holding her breath as we pass another car. The curls at the nape of Parker's neck when I trimmed his hair the night before school pictures. The warmth in my husband's voice when he told me my new haircut was "hot" and kissed the back of my neck. These things I'll wrap carefully and tuck away to be brought out when the kids are gone and my calendar is empty. Treasures, if only to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ok-I'm teary eyed-I love the article and I love you
Sheila
It's almost Friday again, how was your week? Game tomorrow yes or NO?
Post a Comment