When I asked Hillary how she wanted to celebrate her birthday, she said that all she wanted was to spend a day shopping with her best friend who lives 2 hours away. So, this weekend, we met Lizzie and her parents halfway, and headed into the city for a big day of shopping. Even before the girls' butts hit the back seat, they were talking non-stop. One would tell a story in long, run-on sentences, while the other punctuated her friend's commentary with giggles. "and I was wearing a wife-beater, but it was a really cute one, and it was white, with lace and stuff at the top, and I had on a cami underneath it..."
My husband drove in silence. At 6' 1 and 250 pounds (in his refelctive sunglasses) he looked like a hired driver/bodyguard. It's not unusual for him to go for miles without saying anything, and I assumed he was thinking up basketball plays or something. Finally, I asked "What are you thinking about?" He looked at me with a straight face and said, "That I've never wanted to get to a mall so fast."
I'm still laughing!
2 comments:
That is very funny. Glad you got him to go with you and I am glad the girls had fun!
Must be genetic, her mimi wakes up talking about the entire day.sandy
Post a Comment