Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A-wash with love

For only four people, we produce an amazing amount of laundry. I know this because I spent most of yesterday and part of today gathering, sorting, washing, drying, folding, hanging, and otherwise handling it.
So this morning (as the snow flew outside our windows) Parker came out of his room wearing denim shorts and a t-shirt. When I asked him why he was wearing that to church on this 30 degree day he said, "That's all I could find." I directed him to the dryer, where he found clean, dry jeans waiting for him...still warm. Go me!
And just now, Hillary came downstairs and gave me the biggest hug. "What was that for?" I asked. She said, "Well, I just finished writing my paper and I still have Algebra to do and I remembered that I needed my track uniform for tomorrow. I went into the laundry room to wash a load, and there were all my pieces...neatly stacked and folded." I was amazed that she was actually thinking this far ahead (maybe there is hope, after all), but even happier that she had taken the time to thank me.
When we go to bed tonight, the clothes we're wearing will already begin filling the hampers. But for right now, I'm on top of the pile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just remember that doing laundry can be very therapeutic. I should know. MOM