I have a new student. I was warned from the beginning that he's ADHD and borderline autistic, so it might be a challenge. But as soon as he entered the room, extra tall for his age, and sticking close to grandma (who is raising him), I knew I would love him...and I do.
He has only been here two days, but he's already given me many moments of laughter mixed with a few (almost) tears.
One of the first things he said to me when he finally decided to talk was..."My momma left me. She left me all alone and now I am at a new school and I am all alone. That wasn't very nice." I agreed. But I told him that I was glad he was in my class and that some of the other kids were living with their grandparents too.
Then, a little later, he had to go to the bathroom. I showed him where it was (right outside our classroom) and went back to walking around the room, supervising the students' writing. He came bursting back in the room loudly exclaiming, "I HAD TO POOP BUT I COULDN'T EVEN POOP BECAUSE THE TOILET JUST KEPT FLUSHING AND FLUSHING AND I THINK ITS BROKEN SO I COULDNT EVEN POOP BECAUSE THE TOILET IS BROKEN!" I calmly explained that we have automatic toilets which flush on their own, so we never have to worry about forgetting to flush them. He just looked at me and said, "OK, I'M GONNA GO FINISH POOPING NOW!" By this point the rest of the class was laughing uncontrollably. What could I do besides shrug my shoulders, say, "That was funny, wasn't it?" and laugh along. Some days...that's just the way the toilet flushes.
2 comments:
I am right there with him! I hate for a toilet to flush on it's own. I makes me feel 'out of control', not to mention the free spray that comes with it. And then there's the sink that turns itself off. I guess you're right, thats the way the toilet flushes. When you don't want water, there it is. When you do want it, there it goes. MOM
That story was so funny!! "Kids say the darnest things." There use to be a T.V. show w/Art Linkletter by that name. I remember the first time I used one of those new fangled toilets!! I nearly jumped out the door with my drawers down.LOL Brenda
Post a Comment