An hour later, I stood in my own closet, among several tried-and-discarded outfits, frustrated because I couldn't seem to find just the right ensemble. And all I was doing was going to the ball game! It had taken Hillary 30 min to get ready to party all night...and here I was spending an hour (and considerable mental energy) just getting dressed to be at the game for the 20 min it would take to crown the homecoming court. Where ever Hillary's security comes from...it's not from her mother!
Perhaps I'm newly aware of this because I'm reading a book about women and their insecurity. Ok...I was reading it...I actually stopped half-way through because I was feeling insecure!
The point of the book is that our identity should come from who we are in Christ. We will never measure up to the world's ridiculous standards of beauty or success. And I know this in my head...but I'm still trying to convince my heart.
In the meantime, I'm learning from my graceful, beautiful girl who has nothing to prove and seems to know she is loved beyond measure...and beyond judgement.
And I pray that God will keep this gift in her safe.
And secure.
5 comments:
mom, i most definitely got my security from you! you who (no matter what you might think) always looks gorgeous and whom i can always count on to make me laugh and to loosen up any situation. but i think one of the biggest factors is the fact that you have taught me it's okay to cry, to feel upset, and that even if i do feel sad or not good enough, that it wont last long and that you and dad are always there to hold me and let me cry. thank you for being a perfectly imperfect mother, i hope i can be like you someday.
love, sissy girl
ok. I'm crying, Hillary...
Just always remember: Jesus says you are worth dying for. I think you have turn out to be an amazing person. We all want to be like you when we grow up. Your old school friends are always telling me how you inspire them. I think your enemy has just sneaked in and put blinders on you. Don't listen to him; he is a liar. I love you. MOM
She is an AMAZING creature sent straight from heaven, a creation from two caring and loving people. We are all blessed to have her in our lives.
Love you all-Sheila
Sniff, sniff...I wanna girl to share this kind of stuff with!! But I think God had other plans for me!
Post a Comment