Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 5, 2010

Comic Relief

I stepped on the elliptical machine and slowly started moving my feet. Parker sat in front of me playing his video game on the big screen tv.
"You gonna watch me?" he asked.
"Well, I'm walking and I'm facing the tv. So, yeah, I'll probably end up watching you." I replied.
2 min later I was whining..."TWO MINUTES? That's all it's been? It feels like forever already."
He looked at me. "No it doesn't. It feels like it's been two minutes."
I tried to keep my pace as I s-t-r-e-t-ch-ed for my coffee on the table beside me.
No good.
Parker came over and placed my coffee cup in the cupholder on the elliptical machine. "Here, this is what it's for."
He went back to his game.
One minute later..."I'm bored," I complained. Parker looked over.
"Why are you walking, anyway?" he asked.
"To relieve stress," I panted.
Then I added. "Can you hand me my phone?"
He did, but added dryly, "I'm sure THAT doesn't help relieve stress!"
And I laughed. Seeing the whole thing through his eyes was pretty ridiculous.
And seeing me laughing he added, "but THAT will!"
And I agreed. This is my favorite stress reliever.
Laughter.
From my favorite comedian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes laughter is a great stress reliever-I had Yancey who with his dry wit could make me smile and Chance who could produce side splitting laughter from me, so it is in Parkers genes to be a stand up comic :)

Anonymous said...

Even God says laughter is good like a medicine. Laughter is my favorite flavor of medicine. And you're right. Parker is a good comedian.