Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, May 29, 2010

And Pretty Weeds All in a Row...

My home is very important to me.
Well, ok...the inside anyway. 
I have never been that woman who loves to mow the lawn or set out yard ornaments.  I pretty much leave anything outside the front door to my husband, whose main goal is thick green grass and no sticks lying around.  He's not a huge Flower guy.
So this is what my flower beds look like right now...


Don't you just love how the Lamb's Ear has grown up around the artfully placed football?




And this is our Jack and the Beanstalk plant, which I am afraid to cut down because you never know when the Golden Goose will lay an egg which will roll right down to our front door!  
Besides, my mother (who is a Gardener and must wonder often how she brought home the wrong child from the hospital) has informed me that you can actually eat the leaves of this plant.  So I am really protecting my family from famine by letting it stay right where it is. 




And these are my Dandelions (which actually happen to be my favorite flower).  Notice how they are growing  all in a row...just as if someone planted them to border my sidewalk.




Yes, I am the kind of girl who forgets to keep her mums cut back and lets the blooms shoot up tall and weedy from her hostas.  



And leaves muddy boots outside the front door.  
I admit, I'd much rather sit on one of my 4 swings than plant flowers around them.

But I've been a little busy lately.  
Teaching 23 first graders how to read...and graduating both my children in varying degrees...and making my Man feel loved and supported.

I'll eventually get to the flower beds.
But until then when asked how my garden grows...
I'll just say "With rubber boots and tall green shoots and pretty weeds all in a row..."


No comments: