She starts college classes in the fall. So it's time for her to move on...
And she has found a great place.
It's very close to home, extremely reasonably priced (all utilities as well as phone, cable tv, food, and laundry included), and the landlords are really cool people.
All that was left was to pack her things.
All those High School t-shirts were set aside to go into a storage box. They will soon be replaced with college t-shirts.
Luckily her new place has a large walk-in closet.
We tore Dad away from ESPN to hang mirrors and coathooks, and move furniture around and around til she decided it was in Just the Right place.
And finally, she was moved in enough to be able to sleep there that night.
Of course I had to tuck her in.
I gave her a hug and kiss and said, "Goodnight, Hillary. Don't forget to come visit us often."
Then I left.
And went up 13 steps, turned right and took the second door on the right to my own bedroom.
Gosh, I will miss her.
But she'll always be close to my heart.
Which for now, is about 10 feet below my bed...
1 comment:
That was just too cute. :)
Post a Comment