The Queen accompanied me, causing men, women, boys, and girls to call out hellos to us as we made our way to our seats. We sat right by the Band Section. Hillary leaned over and said, "It's so weird to be here NOT as a student."
I snapped as many pictures as I could before Parker gave me the "not cool anymore, mom" look, and Hillary and I watched as our usually not-so-great team actually scored. We cheered and clapped and as boys pounded each other into the ground I secretly thought to myself "Thank GOD Parker quit football!"
And then it was time...
They went to the field...and I went to the fence. No one would have to wonder what I was here for.
They sounded great. I cheered and hollered like a Band Geek Groupie. I congratulated the Band Director on a job well done. I texted my husband, who was working the "chain gang". And then I went home a happy woman. Yes, there was still half a football game to play. (They won and the crowd went wild...or so I was told). But I had seen what I'd come for. Marching Band Friday was over. At least until next weekend.
1 comment:
i cant believe you didnt put your cheering picture on here :)
Post a Comment