Something magical happens at the beach.
From the moment my toes hit the sand the thing that's tightly wound inside me starts to loosen. My breathing slows and my heart begins to beat to the rhythm of the waves.
And it's not just me...the sand and surf brings out the best in my kids too. The tangy salt air brokers a truce between siblings who were at war just five min ago in the cramped car.
Instead of "Turn your ipod down! I can hear it over MY music" and "I'm sitting there...I called it first...No, you didn't..." I hear things like "Hillary, when you walk up out of the water you look like that girl off the James Bond movies." And "Parker, do that trick again so I can take your picture."
They actually PLAY together again. They boogie board and bounce in the waves. They build castles in the sand. Even their movements become synchronized.
And while the truce ends at the boardwalk, for now they are building the castle and not storming it!
(Actually, this is a camera, not a castle, but that's not nearly as sweet :)
1 comment:
Love how you caught their actions in sync! Also love the new look to your blog! And, I love you! Thanks for being you (insecurities and all)!
Post a Comment