Sometimes a woman just wants to shop.
I was feeling the need for that little boost that only a cute new top can give you. So I talked my husband into making it a "date" and we headed to the city. We took the back roads (for him) and stopped by Starbucks (for me) and eventually ended up at a department store where I can still waffle between the juniors and the misses sections. Arms full I headed toward the dressing room.
"You wanna come with me?" I asked. "Or you can go look at something else and I'll call you when I'm done." I know he secretly likes to look at fancy coffee pots and other kitchen machines that we can't afford and would probably never use.
He chose to go with me. And thank goodness he did...
I wriggled into an extra small top that was really two shirts sewn together and somehow got the straps all twisted. I came out to let him help me figure it out. He took one look and said, "You're gonna have to go take that off and start over."
Easy for him to say.
I flounced back into the dressing room, wondering how I was going to get out of this filmy non-stretch shirt without ripping it when I heard his deep voice float under the door.
"You're in the wrong dressing room."
Oh. I guess that would explain why the rest of my clothes had disappeared.
Now my face matched the bright red of the shirt that was causing all this trouble, and I sheepishly came out and went in to my own dressing room.
Where I tried pulling the offending article over my head.
I got it about half way and started to hyperventilate as I realized I was a bit stuck.
I lumbered around for a minute with my arm stuck out in front of my face like I was doing some kind of elephant impression (which I was starting to feel like, by the way) and finally popped out of the top, hair askew and breath coming in short puffs.
If my husband wondered why I was grunting and slamming against the stall walls, he didn't let on.
I peeked out of the dressing room.
"Could you get me a size bigger in this shirt?"
And off he went.
I did eventually find a few things and as we worked our way toward the check out I passed another woman who was critically eyeing herself in one of those square mirrored posts. She was saying, "What do you think about this top? I mean, it looks ok and I could wear it with jeans AND khakis..." And the man standing behind her was smiling and nodding.
But I swear his eyes were saying, "Just let me go look at coffee pots and automatic toasters."
I chuckled to myself and gave my Man a big smile. Cause he knows how to love me and he acts like its no trouble at all.
And when it comes to husbands...I think he's tops!
2 comments:
I've posted LOL to things in the past when I didn't really laugh out loud.
To this, I should post: PMPLOL
(Peeing my pants, laughing out loud). Because I know exactly what that scene looks like from the inside of the dressing room. Been there, done that. :0)
Thanks for the laughter and the ... well, you know!
You sure did pick a good man. He acts like nothing is any trouble! Even his mother-in-law! MOM
Post a Comment