I drove home with my windows down...letting the wind whip the stress out of my head and neck and blow my hair all to crazy.
I pulled in to my empty driveway, mentally ticking off all the things on my list that still needed to be done today.
What was I going to cook tonight? Oh, yeah...crispy chicken and veggies.
Sort through the mail.
Unload and then Load the dishwasher.
Get a snack first because I'm STARVING.
But the sun was streaming so tantalizingly. In that perfect golden way it has when fall has just begun and the sky is unnaturally blue. And I couldn't stand the thought of missing it.
So I grabbed my snack and I headed to the hammock.
And I swayed silently and felt the rays soak into my skin.
And listened to the crickets.
And then...looking for some excuse (ANY excuse) to prolong staying outside, I decided to paint my toenails. That's on my list...somewhere...I'm pretty sure. So it counts, right?
The name of my chosen hue was "Wine Not".
Perfect!
After all, my family wasn't home, and wouldn't be until later in the evening.
Why not skip the cooking and let them warm up left-over potatoe soup just for tonight?
Why not leave the dishes and laundry and mail sorting until after dark?
Why not sit here in the sun and paint my toenails.
Why not take time for my own soul?
Why not notice how the spider webs sparkle in the grass?
So I did.
Because, really...Wine Not?
3 comments:
My thoughts exactly!!!
Exactly. Why not? I'm learning . . .
Great post!
I wanted to let you know that I gave you an award! Check it out here - http://notjustamommyafterall.blogspot.com/2010/10/lookie-lookie-i-was-given-award.html
Post a Comment