The kind who has had a few too many snow days, I guess.
I started the morning watching out my kitchen window as my snow-suited son and his friends from next door played on the 4 wheeler.
They went around and around, taking turns getting thrown off the board as it slid into the corner. Little B, 10 years younger than the others, hung with the big boys like a pro, making me laugh from the safety of my warm spy-spot.
Before long they stomped inside, spilling snow and showing off rosy cheeks as they peeled off layers and left them at my back door.
Hmmmm...
What to do now?
How about haul some mattresses into the living room and do flips?
I had misgivings, but they convinced me they wouldn't break anything...including their own bones...and that they would NOT jump off the furniture.
I came downstairs and tried to ignore the loud thumps from up above.
Until Little B came trotting down the stairs and said, "Fonda, I'm NOT hurt!"
I lost all resistance and went to join the fun...by snapping the flipping :)
But even I have my limits. After THIS I gave them the "Ok...find something else to play" speech.
This is why I love boys...the creativity, the spunk, the throaty laughs, the spark they bring to my house with their boy-ness. God knew I needed this, even as I prayed for another girl when I found out I was pregnant for the second time.
And, boy, did God get it right!
I'm so glad he flipped my script.
1 comment:
Me, too. You got the best of both worlds. . . boys and girls.MIMI
Post a Comment