It began as a typical snow day. But after 6 hours of xbox playing, tv watching, and general laziness, the family was growing restless. So I reached far back into my bag of tricks and pulled out an old favorite.
"Let's play a game."
And so we did.
Can you tell yet who takes competition seriously in our family, and who just enjoys the game?
Of course music was playing (Parker's new cd he just created on itunes). Of course cookies were baked during "off" turns. And of course we had to stop the game frequently to take pictures...
My arms were too short to reach the board. And since no one wanted to make the table smaller, I had to improvise.
Due to all this distraction and loose interpretation of the rules, the kids managed to squeak out the first victory.
But then Hubby cracked the whip and rules were followed religiously...leading to this predictable outcome.
He never has been able to just let the kids win. Something about learning to be tough and life lessons....blah blah blah.
It's nice to know that in the game of life, even though some things change...we play Sequence instead of Cootie Bug now and I'm the only one who can't reach the board....some things stay the same...we still have to listen to the kids' music and we still have fun together.
And I think that makes us all winners.
3 comments:
um, excuse me, but you forgot to mention that Parker and I won the 3rd game with less cards than you and Dad and the rules WERE followed ;) just sayin...
That is a very important point Ree :)
Love the stories and the pictures-thanks for sharing.
WE love that game!!! Excited for when my kiddos are old enough to play it with us! We do play the animal sequence game now though!! Isn't it funny how men and there rules are?!?!? You should see Matt play Candyland!!!
Post a Comment