Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 13, 2008

First Game

Calling all sports fans and interested family members...Today marked the opening of the junior high boys basketball season. Though Parker has played on a community team for several years, I knew we weren't in Kansas anymore when he dressed in khakis and a collared shirt for school today. I forgot that athletes have to dress up on game day. I oohed and ahhed. I haven't been able to get him into khakis since he was old enough to say, "I hate these pants!" He packed his uniform (#41...his favorite number and also his dad's old number), his basketball shoes, and a snack and left for school. I didn't see him again until the game.

And at the end of the game, he chose to stay with his team and ride the bus home. Where is my little boy who always wants to go with mom and dad? That boy is in my scrapbooks. This young man is in the gym!

1 comment:

Ang said...

Girl he is so in "THAT" stage!! Last year when he saw me in the hall he went out of his way to say Hi, now I feel like I have to jump up and down waving my arms to get him to even make eye contact with me. (Of course he's not being rude he's just being cool and don't worry I don't do that, I just think it.) He is such a good kid, I am sure he will come out on the other side sill just as wonderful and still your little boy!