Our Family

Our Family

Monday, October 20, 2008

Girls gone....good!



Hillary and I had the priviledge of attending a conference together this weekend. It was amazing!


The decorations were adorable...the speakers were inspiring...and every detail had been planned to make us feel pampered and feminine.







One of the highlights was a concert by Natalie Grant. Afterwards I snagged her as she was walking by on the way to her bus and we got a quick pic.
How exciting!
After rocking with the worship band and listening to Christine Caine, Vera (Something Russian), and Casey Gibbons encourage our souls, we chilled (literally! ha) outside...roasting marshmallows...listening to a live jazz band...and getting a pink extension put in Hillary's hair. The $5 donation went to breast cancer research.


But even better than the outdoor movie, the jewelry shopping, and the Starbucks, was the time she and I got to spend together. We talked and laughed and prayed and cried.

I loved just watching her as she exclaimed about everything, took a million pictures, and praised with hands raised and tears running down her cheeks. I am proud of the woman she's becoming. I know that not every mother of a teenage girl is so lucky.

"And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that my relationship with Brielle is as strong as yours with Hillary!!!