Our Family

Our Family

Friday, October 31, 2008

Scary

It's Halloween.
And even scarier than me wearing Parker's Damon Bailey basketball jersey to school and walking through the elementary parade carrying one of my student's fake-blood-filled hearts (which also happened to be leaking all over my hand), is the fact that my son is getting texts from a girl called "Rock".
He's been 13 for five minutes!
My husband saw the phone vibrate where it lay on the bar in the kitchen. He picked it up, but neither of us knew how to view the message. (It's a new phone). So I took it to Parker and said, "How do you view your texts?"
He just looked at me and said, "Why?"
WHY?
"Because I want to view your texts, that's why!"
He showed me and I quickly scanned all 9 texts he's gotten in the last week and saw nothing inappropriate. "Rock" just wanted to know if he was coming to the football game. He wasn't. He wanted to go to the youth group's Harvest Festival bonfire thing.
The fact that "Rock"s text didn't change his mind only gives me small comfort. There is probably some cute young thing at the bonfire! I knew I should have made him dress up as the Wart-Faced Man. Oh well...Maybe the fact that he put his dirty underwear back on after his shower "I turned them wrong-side out, mom!" will keep the girls at bay for now.
Dirty underwear...now THAT's scary!

3 comments:

amy said...

So is Rock short for something? What is the catch? I hope you are taking notes and will have them handy when Blake goes through this stuff!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the background music! MOM

Anonymous said...

Seriously do we still live in the same town? Why is it I have to go to the internet to find out what is happening with you and the fam? This is sad!! Miss you!!
ang