Our Family

Our Family

Friday, September 18, 2009

God Gifts

Work has been really stressful lately. There are a lot of changes going on, which makes people uncomfortable and sometimes causes conflict and tears. Through it all, I've tried to keep my perspective...I have a life and a job...not the other way around. I have asked people I trust to pray for me, and tried to fill my soul with encouraging scriptures. And it seems to be working.
Today I walked into a room, just to share some information and was met with a frustrated and overwhelmed person who needed to vent. Words and tears flowed. My reaction was to say, "Can I pray for you?" And I did. I hugged that person and prayed the Holy Spirit into the room. And when I got back to my own classroom I thought, "What the heck was that?!?" As much as I want to be a bold Christian witness, I'm usually not. It's totally unlike me to pray at work with a person I'm not even really that close to.
Weird.
I just threw a little prayer heavenward...God, I don't know if I was supposed to do that or not. But please take care of it.
By the end of the day, I was drained. I was finishing up in my room when my two kids walked in! It was an unexpected surprise...and they had been to Mobil and had a Coke for me! I let out a little scream and they ran to me and hugged me...
And I just started crying.
They knew nothing of my day, but Hillary just smiled and said, "Is this one of those 'I love you' moments from God?"
And it was!
My sweet kids are one of God's greatest gifts to me. And the added bonus of my favorite soft drink was just a reminder that He knows me down to the smallest detail. I obeyed and he rewarded.
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1:17

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like I said, "You are walking in the Spirit". Just stay connected to the vine. He will put life in your branch, and produce fruit to nourish those around you. John 15.
MOM

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to see somebody standing firm in their prayers, be it at work or not! ...and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:13. Remain standing, Fonda!