But actually, most of the day went fairly well, considering.
I got through the school day without maiming any loud and wiggly boys, stopped by the chiropractor after work so he could relieve my stressed spine-induced headache, took a walk with my husband, and snatched a few minutes to update my facebook status. Then it was time to help Parker with his homework.
I hate homework.
And so does he.
He slogged through his math, produced several grade reports for me to sign, and informed me that he needed a composition notebook TONIGHT. I sent him downstairs to check our extra supply stash, but he was certain there was NO composition notebook down there. Hillary asserted that there was, but she wasn't about to leave her spot on my bed watching a movie she'd only seen 500 times to get it for him. I insisted. She sighed huffily. But the composition notebook was found.
And it was pink.
The dirty dishes were calling my name, so I left Parker painstakingly covering the pink notebook cover with bright yellow duct tape and decided we'd come back to homework in a little bit.
As I unloaded the dishwasher I pondered why my cabinets were built for giants, causing me to have to climb (literally) to reach the top shelves. Then I tried to unscrew the coffee mug lid so I could wash it out by hand. But there was no budging it. I used a wet cloth to get a better grip. I strained with all my might. Then I remembered that my husband had used the mug last. How unconsiderate of Hercules not to loosen the lid for me. Especially since he was downstairs that very minute sitting on his butt, playing a FOOTBALL GAME while I was juggling laundry, dishes AND homework all at the same time! And just like that, she burst into the room...Crazy Woman. I marched downstairs with a crazed look in my eye and shoved the mug into his surprised and somewhat scared looking face. "Open that!" I snapped. "And then go upstairs and get 50 hangers and hang up all those CLEAN clothes and then put them away!" "Please." I added not nicely.
I went back to the sink and finished washing up.
Then Crazy Woman disappeared and I was left feeling bad for her actions.
My Gentle Giant of a husband creeped past me with empty hangers, and then again with full ones. I dried my hands and went to appologize.
To his credit, he forgives easily. He was done in 10 minutes and life went back to normal.
Until Parker said, "Mom, I have to memorize all the states and their capitals for the test tomorrow."
Crazy Woman peeked around the corner.
But I threw a dish towel at her and she slinked away.
I settled Parker on the comfy chair with his interactive, talking, states and capitals puzzle (God bless Melissa & Doug - creators of such a wonder) and made myself some popcorn.
"Washington...capital Olympia" the puzzle stated in a computer-y voice.
Best $19.99 I ever spent.
Take that, Crazy Woman!
6 comments:
It's only natural that you should get taken over by 'Crazy Woman' every once in a while, since you were effected by her while she was taking over your mother. She still comes around here sometimes, but I recognize her sooner and make her leave. I'm proud of how you overcame her. And you'll do it again. Because you're not walking in the natural, you're walking in the spirit. MOM
I love it that Cuba has a crazy woman too! Ours doesn't wear a bra, has a jittery-nasty tongue and begs for cigarettes from nonsmokers.
Love ya!
PS My word verification for this comment post was "fockbods." Struck me as funny.
so...does crazy man ever come out at your house? He does mine - especially when he is hungry! stressed! and striving for perfection! Yikes...thanks for the tips - I am trying to keep him away. Guess I need to use the dishtowel next time.
p.s. my word verification..."hustr" I am going to call my crazy man "mr. huster"
Love it love it.. she is showing up around our house too... there are two where I live poor Mike
And thanks for the weekend. I really had a good time. Always easy to enjoy ourselves at your home... and my verification is wakedill
Teresa
My boys have witnessed "crazy woman" around our household more times than I would like to admit. The dishtowel wouldn't work on my crazy woman. She would snarlingly chew it up and spit it out in pieces. But the Holy Spirit is working with me to try to overcome her tendencies. Both He and I take it one day at a time...somedays I fail and end up yelling and screaming. Other days, I can feel His guidance in my heart.
Who is this crazy woman you speak of? She has never been to my house. Nor has she visited from my house to yours on a particular Monday night in September.
cheri
Post a Comment