Since our painful loss of Lady, I have put the nix on new pets for a while. But that didn't stop Hillary from "rescuing" a turtle on one of her runs. She brought the little guy in, promising me that a turtle would be fine because she could keep it in her room and I wouldn't have to mess with it. I just rolled my eyes, which she took for an "OK".
She rummaged through the storage room for a small plastic dishpan, filled it with a few leaves and a rock, and plopped Speedy into his new home.
Later that night she got online to research the proper care and feeding of turtles.
The next morning the dishpan was empty.
"Where's Speedy?" I asked.
"Oh, that just sounded like WAY too much work! Do you know they have to soak in warm water for 30 min EVERY DAY? I let him go last night."
Run, Speedy....run!
2 comments:
I've seen turtles soaking in the sun before, but where have they gotten their daily soak during the winter? MOM
for you're info mom he had to soak in 1/2 and inch of warm water for 20 minutes a day PLUS eat live little bugs i'd have to buy (or catch...yuk..) not to mention dad kept telling me he was gonna die so that pretty much killed the last of my hope :) LIVE SPEEDY LIVE!!!!
Post a Comment