Since it is my motherly responsibility to prepare my children for success in the real world, I recently tore Parker away from the cartoon reruns he'd been wasting his morning on, and informed him that this was "his" summer. He's thirteen now and it's time he start learning some life lessons. We start with laundry.
I dumped it all out in the kitchen floor and started to show him how to put loads together, noting the weight and color of each item to decide where it went. He caught on right away.
Then I noticed something.
He was using his hands...and not complaining a bit.
When Hillary got this same lesson several years ago, she comandeered my kitchen tongs so she wouldn't have to touch anyone's underwear. Parker was just sorting willy nilly with not a thought to butt germs.
So I asked him about it.
"You don't mind touching other people's underwear?"
He just gave me a look and said, "It's just our family. And you can wash your hands."
Of course you can.
He may have his own little quirks, but when it comes to laundry...he's the right sort!
2 comments:
He gets that laundry thing from his MIMI. MIMI
I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment