Parker has found a new love - and it is fried eggs. The other morning, during one of our now numerous snowdays, he asked me if I would fry him an egg. In one of my "good mother" moments I recognized this as a learning opportunity and replied, "I'll teach you how to make it." He was game, so I got out the ingredients and walked him through it step by step. He wolfed it down in about two seconds and was ready to try it again - solo. He actually did a pretty good job. I don't think I was able to fry an egg without breaking the yolk on my second try.
He is now the official egg fryer of the household.
He even makes them for his sister. Yesterday, after savoring her breakfast specialty a la Parker, she said, "Mom, someday his family is going to thank you!"
I do what I can.
Unfortunately, his skills don't transfer to cleaning up after egg frying. You know that old proverb about giving a man a fish? I have my own version, "Give a boy an egg and he'll be full for five whole minutes. Teach a boy to fry an egg...and you'll have a greasy kitchen."
2 comments:
Can't wait to savor Chef Parker's egg-strodinaire Eggs.
You made our Sunday night.
We Love you all
Sheila
I remember when your brother, Austin, learned to make the perfect pancake, about age 10. But it's been a long time since I've gotten to eat one. MOM
Post a Comment