Our Family

Our Family

Friday, February 8, 2008

Help Yourself

In my class of 24 first graders, I have more than a few who help me practice my patience and encourage my development of creative behavior management! Yesterday, after reminding Broc SEVERAL times to stay in his seat and follow directions, I had had enough. I plopped down a blank piece of paper and said, "You are going to write! You write me an apology, and tell me why you are choosing not to follow directions. And you have to fill up the whole page. And you can't write BIG!"
At the end of the day, this note lay on my desk,

"I am sry. I will stay in my char. I can not hlp myslf."

After I stopped laughing, I thought, 'Child, I can relate!' How many times have I told God I'm sorry. Yet I keep doing the same things over and over...

"I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway."
Romans 7:19

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats why i dont write because you would laugh till you cry but i do love reading these please keep them coming I LOVE YOU AUNT LISA

Ang said...

I think Broc's teacher needs to teach that boy to spell, he's worse then me!! JK

Anonymous said...

I have many notes and school papers in boxes in my closet where the spelling is just like that. Not just first grade, either. Some early ones are from grown ups that you know!MOM

Anonymous said...

OK girl - you've outdone yourself. I laughed till I cried - really cried. I, too, can relate.
Aunt Linda