Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Our Very Own Techie

Like most kids of her generation, Hillary is not at all intimidated by technology. So she is often asked to help us of "other" generations with our lack of computer/cell phone/text message/facebook knowledge. She spent an hour one night, on the phone with her papaw, patiently talking him through the steps to set up his voice mail. "OK, Papaw...do you see that green button in the top left corner....now push it....now press 1..." And a while back, she was showing me how to print pictures off my computer. After painstakingly showing me where to click (several times), she started laughing hysterically at me while I sat and waited for the processing to take place and my prints to appear. When she finally got her breath back, she said, "Mom, you have to press the button!" I guess I would've still been sitting here today...waiting.
Recently, a friend of mine e-mailed me, wanting to show me her pictures on facebook. Which required me to set up a facebook page. I got online, typed in facebook.com...and yelled for Hillary. She came down the stairs, talking on the phone to her boyfriend, Larry. I explained in whispered instructions that I just wanted the basics, while she pointed and clicked and typed and talked all at the same time. She kept saying, "Do you want this? Do you want that?" And I snapped, "I told you I just want to be able to look at those pictures!" She never batted an eyelash...but said into her phone "Larry, have you ever tried to set up something electronic for someone......older? It's very hard."
Okay, number one, I'm not old! And number two, I CAN HEAR YOU!
Well, I have to close this now...Hillary's memaw can't figure out how to turn on our electronic oven. "Hillary....."

1 comment:

Ang said...

I am sure she had something to do with you texting me yesterday as well, right? My roommate from college told me she can't do anything on her facebook account when her husband is out of town on business. You are too funny!!