Hillary and I went shopping a few days ago. We both ended up with new dresses. Hers is green and short and SO cute. Mine is black and more mature looking. (Actually, Hillary tried it on first and discarded it. I got it on the rebound!) Being the avid "What Not to Wear" watcher that I am, I decided to try something different and get a pair of cute red shoes to wear with it. I know...black and red...not exactly a stretch, but it is for me.
Anyway, as I was getting ready for church this morning (planning to wear my new dress and shoes), Hillary breezed into my room and said, "So, are you wearing the red shoes today, or am I?" I informed her I was planning on it. She headed for my closet.
"These would look good with your dress."
Too old lady looking.
She went to her room and came back with these. She held them up with a hopeful raising of the eyebrows.
I reminded her I'm 32 not 23.
After she brought me a pair of flip-flops, I gave up. She obviously wanted the red shoes more than I did. I found a pair of plain black heels in her closet and she happily put my red shoes on her feet.
She may not follow in my footsteps...but she'll always wear my shoes!
4 comments:
Fonda
You both look adorable in your new outfits-It is a new world-who would have thought red & green would go together-but Ree pulls it off
Love ya-Sheila
Sheila's right. I'd never have thought of wearing red shoes with that color green. But it does look great on Hillary. I used to have a pair of shoes that exactly matched that green dress. But I gave them away with the dress. You look great, too. What cute knees! MIMI
If you really need to wear those shoes sometime, you are more then welcome to wear them to my house for lunch today. The girls would love to play dress up with Ms. Fonda!! Why didn't you pose like Hil? Come on girl you bought the shoes that was step one, you need to add the "attitude" as well!! :-)
You girls are beautiful!
Daughters are so much fun...thank goodness my daughter out grew me a bit...I dont have to wear shoes (her 8 1/2 to my 6) but she still snatches my shirts...haha...Love her to pieces though. :-)
Post a Comment