Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Love That!

I watched in awe as my manly-er by the minute son ran toward the high jump bar, thick ropes of muscle showing in his calves, and vaulted himself over 5 feet in the air. This was his first meet of the year, and he was very pleased with himself. He strolled back toward the fence - oozing a new-found confidence.
And hugged his mama with those long sweaty arms.
I love that!

And later, in the car, we jammed to his homemade cd. Which included everything from Eminem to Jack Johnson to Metallica. His taste in music is wide and wonderful.
I love that!

And I love that he knows weird random facts about everything from whales to peeps, and comments on my driving like an 80 year old man, and explains the rules of whatever sporting even I'm being forced to attend at the moment.

He is such a unique person.

And I Love That!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very apt on-word discription of Parker. Unique! Also, intelligent. Also, caring, and thoughtful, and supportive . . . .