Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Play That Funky Music...

I was in my usual spot in the kitchen (loading the dishwasher) when Parker and his friend from next door burst in smelling of outside and excitement. They were laughing and talking, but Nate's eyes lit up when he saw me. "Hey, I've got something for you," he said excitedly. "You will LOVE it. It's from the 90's!"
Well, that's a given, right?
At least he has me in the correct decade.
He handed me a black box. "I was digging through some stuff in my dad's garage and I found this."
I think it's safe to say that dad has his own memories of the 90's.
I opened it up to find dozens of cds. Ace of Base...Motley Crue...Vanessa Williams...Janet Jackson...Boys II Men...and a PlayStation game.
"You can copy these if you want," Nate offered.
I didn't bother to tell him that Yancey's mom probably has all these and more stored away in her shed. I just smiled and put one in my kitchen cd player.
And Nate was right, I DID love it. It's amazing how the lyrics came right back to me. And the memories with them. Those "old" songs pulled my husband right into the kitchen and we were singing out loud and 'bangin our heads'.
The boys went on to their hide-out building and wii playing, but I played that funky music all night long!

No comments: