Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, April 25, 2010

If The Shoe Fits

I came home from work and shed the day...

I knew I had to go to Hillary's Wildcat Chorus Club variety show later, and I wasn't sure what to wear. So I texted her. "Can I wear jeans to the show?" "Sure," she replied. So I put on comfortable jeans and a long-sleeved tee. I thought I looked presentable enough.

But when Hillary got home she took one look at me and her face said it all. What I was wearing would not do. I sent her into my closet to pick something out for me. And I went about my business of checking off my to-do list as quickly as possible...laundry, supper, pay a bill or two. When I finally got around to getting dressed, I found this on my bed...



I laughed because this was so "Hillary". Shiny jewelry and high heels. But I put it on and fluffed my hair. Because she thinks I can pull it off. So if the high heel fits, I guess I'll wear it!



6 comments:

bartlebunch said...

You're beautiful no matter what!! I love it that you have such a great relationship with your daughter. I wonder if I could borrow her, send her to my closet, and have her tell me what to wear. :)

Anonymous said...

Why are you surprised? She borrows from your closet, too.You both are beautiful, classy people who look good in anything I've ever seen you wear. MOM

Anonymous said...

She did a good job, and had a beautiful subject to dress ;)
Love ya-Sheila

Brooke said...

Fonda! You are smokin'!!!!

Felicia said...

Seriously Fonda...I have to agree with Brooke...you are smokin! Although I highly doubt there isn't an outfit you couldn't pull off in a flash. Kudos to Hillary for giving u the hookup.

Candace said...

I'm enjoying your blog... It reminds me of my family. I'm 24 and don't live at home anymore but I still dress my mom (and grandma). It never ends :)