If you need to plan a wedding, you can find an entire wall of books in the book store laying all the steps out in front of you...from invitations to honeymoon. Or better yet, hire a wedding planner to take care of all the details FOR you.
If you are having a baby, there is a sea of advice available. Complete with charts to tell you what to expect week by week.
If you want to know how to tie a tie, make a bomb, cook Roasted Leg of Lamb, or talk dirty to your man, all you have to do is Google it and there are waves of websites to guide you.
So why do I have to flounder through Senior Year when there have been hundreds of thousands of parents who have done it in the not so distant past?
Aren't things like buying yearbooks, shopping for prom dresses, taking senior pictures, and filling out the FAFSA universal? At least in America?
Seriously - I want a spreadsheet. With dates. I want to check things off.
So until I find the Frustrated Parent's Guide to Planning and Implementing the Senior Year (or write it), I guess I will have to just depend on my gut instincts, sporadic notes from the school, and the helpful suggestions from friends who have been down this road before.
4 comments:
Have you really Googled "How to talk dirty to your man?"
Actually, Kim...yes. Yes, I have.
(He probably likes it, too, coming from her.)
People haven't written the aforementioned book because the real thinkers (who might actually write a book) are too grief-ridden with the idea of their babies growing up. And the parents who are glad to get rid of their kids, are not real thinkers. MOM
Remember, she has a license to talk dirty to her man. Not a problem getting better at it. MOM
Post a Comment